Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Blogging!

Welcome to my first blog post. As a cancer survivor I truly believe in the idea that as individuals we can do anything we set out to accomplish. Just getting this site up and running was an exercise in patience along with a lot of laughter.

I'm not a computer geek and I'm definitely not computer savvy. I can do basic email and I actually have a Facebook page, although getting that up and running was a challenge for me, too. I am eternally grateful to my talented friend, Thomas Thorspecken. (Check out his site  "He spent hours with me (at a local Panera Bread) just trying to get me onto Blogspot.com. For some reason, my mind went blank when he asked for my yahoo password. For over an hour, we tried everything to jog my memory. Finally, it was easier to select a new password and get things moving along. Anyway, he was patient. Plus, we shared lots of laughs as I tried to come up with the right password ... despite an extreme case of chemobrain. Thor has an award-winning blog, so imagine my surprise when he agreed to help me set up my basic site. Again, words alone cannot express my thanks to him.

It will take me awhile to get things moving smoothly. So, if there are any glitches, I ask for your understanding. Being able to write again is a gift I do not take for granted. As you will discover, I went through some very dark years as my cancer journey progressed. And, my journey continues since I am a metastatic breast cancer survivor. I still go every three weeks for life saving treatments. When I say that everyday is a gift -- I mean it. My personal statement is: "Everyday in every way I am getting better and stronger." I live by those words. I hope they inspire you to live everyday to its fullest.

1 comment: