Monday, December 17, 2012

Reality Check -- Am I Really Getting Better & Stronger?


First, I want to thank you (my readers) for your continued support. I have not had much opportunity to write my blog. I lost total Internet connection for nearly six months. During that time, however, I focused my energy on my book, “High Maintenance.” I am very proud to say that it was time well spent. I have done a great deal of work on the book and at this point, I am nearing what I feel is the actual completion of my story. I am writing in the present and looking towards the future. I have also done a great deal of editing. I will keep all of you informed of my progress.

Meanwhile, I am thrilled to say that my health has been getting better and stronger. That has been my goal all along. As I look at where I am now compared to where I was even a couple of years ago, there has been tremendous improvements. 

My cardiologist is pleased with my test results. All areas show up as “mild.” Compare that to results from previous tests where I was dealing with “severe” areas of concern. And, I might add, that it is due in part to my regular exercise program. He keeps telling me “to continue doing what I’m doing.” I need to “keep doing that Zumba thing,” he says. 

My oncologist gave me the results of my PET scan in late November. No sign of cancer! It has been 12 years since my initial diagnosis. It has been seven years since it last metastasized. It feels great hearing those words -- “no indication of cancer.” It also feels great knowing that I am getting better with each passing day. 

A trip to the dermatologist provided further proof that all is well. While I needed to have a minor procedure done (there was this tiny spot on my right upper arm) it was nothing that caused alarm. The results were benign. My skin health was good.

I also met a new pulmonary physician. My other doctor went into retirement and referred me to this other practice. My new doctor wants to run some tests. Turns out, he believes I may no longer have certain conditions I was originally diagnosed with. I may no longer have sleep apnea, COPD or asthma. Am I jumping to conclusions? During the coming month, I will undergo some testing and after all the results are in, who knows what may happen? I could get rid of the oxygen concentrator. I may no longer need a daily inhaler. I can certainly imagine a better day ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you a bunch for sharing this ωіth all of us
    yοu actually realize ωhat yοu aгe
    talκing approximately! Βookmarked. Kindly аlsо ԁiscuѕs with my
    wеb site =). We will have a link trade аgreement bеtωeen uѕ

    Hеre iѕ my homepage; Lloyd Irvin

    ReplyDelete