Sunday, March 31, 2013

Book Nearing Completion

"High Maintenance... Surviving Cancer at All Costs" is in the final stages of development and is close to the point where I am now "talking about" and "planning" for its publication. It has been nearly three years since I sat down at the computer screen and began writing about my journey. I know that many of you have been anxious to see it published. Thus, I wanted to provide this update.

I am hard at work doing intense editing and re-writing of text. I have written the end, however, I still need to re-read and decide if I am happy with the entire piece as it is, or if I still need to do some additional writing. To publish "High Maintenance" will be the culmination of a lifelong dream. Although I have spent my entire adult life as a writer and have written lengthy pieces before (including guidebooks, etc.) this particular piece is, of course, a very personal look into me and my life over the past 12 years. There are things that even I have had to sit back and say "Wait. Did this really happen?" "Did I go through this pain?" "Did I really survive this?" As I read the text, I find that I am actually learning about my journey --- having tried to forget some of the things that occurred and yet, those very things have had a profound impact upon my life and how I am now. The person I have become as a result of all that has happened. Wow! If I can bring that story to life -- then "High Maintenance" will be a bestseller.

I do apologize for not writing more often. I began this blog to communicate with all of you - to share bits and pieces of my story. I must admit I got caught up in the book over the past six months. I am now working even harder each day to bring this book to life.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you know of a publishing company -- if you know a publisher -- if you know a publishing rep? I have considered self-publishing but of course, I would prefer a company published book and e-book. Ultimately that is my real goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment