Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ready for Publication

"High Maintenance" is ready for publication. The editing and proofing has been completed. Now, the search for a publisher begins.

I have been actively looking for options. I really want to go "big time" with my book. I know my readers include not only cancer survivors and their caregivers (families) but anyone with a chronic medical condition, anyone living with chronic pain (both physical and mental), those dealing with side effects from drugs and treatments, individuals with diabetes, asthma, osteoarthritis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, pulmonary hypertension, sleep apnea; individuals who have dealt with the loss of a loved one; men and women dealing with relationship issues; and much more.

"High Maintenance" is more than a look into 12 years of my journey through life after a cancer diagnosis. It is a roller coaster / merry-go-round ride through my life and those around me who had to deal with the issues I also dealt with. I never stopped believing I would make it through those darkest hours, although there were those moments where I had doubts and fears. I faced those horrific experiences -- sometimes with laughter and jokes, other times with tears and genuine nightmares. Yes! I even thought the unthinkable for a brief time. When the pain (both physical and mental) became so much I could barely make it through an hour, I thought those deep, scary thoughts. It took much more than my supportive family and friends to get me through. I had a (and still do have) wonderful team of medical professionals standing by my side. After surgeries, radiation treatments, hormonal drugs, chemotherapy and much more... "Everyday in every way I am getting better and stronger."

If you know a publishing rep or a publisher, please contact me with that information. I have tried to find a rep, but apparently many of them are not accepting unsolicited manuscripts. With over 36 years of professional writing experience, I want to bring "High Maintenance" to the masses. I have readers nationwide (even worldwide) ready to read the book. I simply need help with the next step.

"High Maintenance" will make it to the top!

1 comment:

  1. This piece οf wгiting offers clеar idea fоr the new people of blоgging, that
    actually how to do running a blog.

    Also viѕit my web page: best reputation management

    ReplyDelete