Saturday, August 24, 2013

Help Me Cross The Finish Line at ACS Making Strides

It's that time of year, again!

I will be attending this year's ACS Making Strides Against Breast Cancer on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013 at Lake Eola in beautiful downtown Orlando. It will be a lovely day -- no matter what. And, I expect to be up "bright and early" that morning all ready for the 5K walk around the streets of Orlando.

This year I registered as an individual. However, I still have an ACS MSABC website that you can visit and where online donations can be made. You can visit:

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/marilynwattmanfeldman

I greatly appreciate any contribution. If you can recall (if you're old enough to do so)  the March of Dimes only asked for donations of 10 cents per person to rid the world of polio. It worked! Now, with inflation, dollars make the difference. But seriously, even a gift of $5 or $10 can make a significant difference. By going online to this secure site, you can make a personal contribution that will go towards the ACS mission of providing patient services, education, advocacy and research. I am alive today thanks to drugs created by researchers funded through ACS dollars. For me, it is truly and matter of life and death.

I have personally lost too many dear friends and family to breast cancer. At this time, I want to recall Nancy and Ellen. Both were amazing women. Neither wanted to lose her battle. They fought courageously. Nancy was an elementary school teacher and she loved her kindergartens. Every summer she would shop for books and toys that she would use to stock her classroom. She also adored her family -- they meant the world to her. She would be so proud to know that one daughter became a CPA and the other, an attorney. Ellen was a leader when it came to advocacy. She spent countless hours in Tallahassee and in Washington, DC fighting for research dollars through the American Cancer Society's Cancer Action Network. When I met her, we were on the bus to Tallahassee and trust me, when Ellen spoke -- people listened. And, they opened up their checkbooks and at the congressional level -- they voted to give more dollars to ACS research. She was also loved by her family.

I miss these incredible friends and "sisters" -- they will always remain reasons for me to Make Strides Against Breast Cancer. Please, find your reason and then, make a generous donation. 

I thank you, in advance, for caring. I am sending out Pink Hugs to all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment